Alternate Meal/Charge Policy

Students may periodically forget or lose lunch money. The principal may allow the students to pay at a later date. In these cases, the principal assumes the responsibility for the following:
    • Authorizing the family or student to make a deferred payment
    • Collecting monies due
Once a student has been served a lunch, payment issues are to be resolved through the school directly with the parents or guardians.

Negative Account Balances
Students may accrue a negative balance of up to $10.00 for meals on their food service account.

Alternate Meal Policy
    • The Food Service Coordinator shall determine the alternate meal items to be served.
    • The Food Service Coordinator will provide the Student’s Balance Report to the Principal’s office twice a week. Students, who have a negative balance of up to $10.00 will be given an alternate meal prior to entering the serving line. The Food Service Coordinator will print student notes, on a weekly basis, indicating the negative balance of reduced and paid eligibility students to be sent home. The Cafeteria Manager or designee will provide these students with the alternate meal in a way that respects and protects them from undue embarrassment and stigma. The student will continue receiving the alternate meal until the balance is brought up-to-date.
    • Home contact will be made to households of students with negative balances to address unpaid meal charges. A variety of strategies for collecting debts will be used, including sending requests to parents for repayment via phone, email and letters. The cafeteria will work with school officials to enforce repayment.

Civil Rights Complaint Procedure & Form

If customer, parent, staff member report incident where they believe someone has been denied services due to national origin, race, color, sex, age, disability, steps below are to be follow in documenting and filing complaint.

 If an employee is approached, they are to listen to the complaint, they are to report to their manager and the complaint form is to be completed.  The manager is to report the incident and information to the CN Director.  Upon receiving the complaint, CN Director is to notify the State Agency about the complaint. This applies to anyone in the CN Department receiving the complaint, whether manager or staff.  This also applies to any complaint where the customer (person reporting complaint) decides they do not want to be involved.  The complaint may be about what they witness happening to someone else and not to themselves.  This still needs to be documented, investigated, and reported to the proper entities.  (See Complaint Form) 

If a complainant doesn’t want to write the complaint down, the CNS member will write it down, sign & date.

Please see the options below to file a complaint.

LOCAL - To file a program complaint of discrimination locally:

The household member would complete a Doral Complaint Form and submit the completed form to the Doral Child Nutrition Department by email to or in person or mail at 1333 Firecracker Dr, Buda, TX 78610.  All Food Service complaints alleging discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability via verbal statement, written statement, or stated in person must be accepted by Child Nutrition personnel and will be forwarded to the Texas Department of Agriculture.

STATE - To file a program complaint of discrimination to the Texas Department of Agriculture:

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720 2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877 8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD 3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: OASCR%20P Complaint Form 0508 0002 508 11 2817Fax2Mail.pdf , from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632 9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD 3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. Mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250 9410; or
    2. Fax:
      (833) 256 1665 or (202) 690 7442; or
    3. Email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.